It’s been almost a year since GMC first gave consumers a glimpse at the Sierra EV pickup and, finally, the automaker has officially unveiled the vehicle and opened reservations, starting with the Denali Edition 1 trim.
The 2024 GMC Sierra EV Denali is now slated to join the likes of the Hummer EV on the Ultium platform. The Sierra EV will first be offered as the third electric truck model within the GMC lineup, although it will eventually be followed by an SUV model.
The official press release reveals that the Sierra EV comes to the table with 400 miles (643 km) of estimated range in the Edition 1, and offers “uncompromising pickup capability and unique features made possible only by its dedicated EV truck platform.”
The 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 will be built at GM’s Factory ZERO Assembly Plant in Michigan, and made available in early 2024. As for performance specs, the Sierra EV will feature GM-estimated 754 hp and 785 lb-ft of torque in Max Power mode and 800 Volt DC Public Fast Charging capabilities at up to 350kW, which will enable up to 100 miles (160 km) of range in approximately 10 minutes. Additionally, the all-electric pick up will offer:
– Onboard Power Station Pro which doubles as a mobile power source
– GMC’s first Multi-Pro Midget expandable bed
– Up to 9,500 pounds of towing capacity
– Increased cargo room capacity with lockable, weatherproof compartment at the front of the vehicle
– Air Ride Adaptive Suspension that both enables a more comfortable ride as well as the ability to raise or lower the truck by approximately 50 mm
– EV-enabled propulsion technologies including Regen on Demand Braking, One-Pedal Driving and 4-Wheel Steer with CrabWalk
– A state-of-the-art 16.8-inch-diagonal freeform infotainment system
– Hands-free driver assistance on more than 644,000 km of compatible roads in the U.S. and Canada
– Customizable drive modes
– Premium materials and bold, all-new design
Ten months ago, GMC vice president Duncan Aldred identified the Sierra Denali as holding ‘tremendous equity’ for GMC and their customers as they transition to an all-electric propulsion elevated by luxurious design and ultimate comfort. With the unveil of the new truck, Aldred shared that the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 is just the beginning. “It will offer customers our very latest in technology, capability and luxury delivered in a way only GMC can do — with much more to come. From the HUMMER EV supertruck to the first-ever Sierra EV, GMC continues to write the next chapter in its future as a premium truck and SUV brand.”
Deliveries of the 2024 GMC Sierra EV Denali Edition 1 are expected to begin in early 2024, with a starting MSRP of US$107,000 (plus DFC). Unfortunately, the 2024 Sierra EV will not be sold in Canada; instead, GMC notes that the 2025 model is anticipated to be available in Canada with limited supply starting spring 2024, with details and performance specs announced at a later date.